Monday, January 21, 2019

Plates & Places - Found Our Haven

Found Our Haven, a new home décor store in the heart of downtown Toledo, may be small in square footage but it's huge on inspiration and offerings. The petite boutique, created by Jennie Lewis, is filled from floor to ceiling with vintage, antique and farmhouse-style finds as well as handcrafted items.




Lewis stocks her store with her refinished furniture, hand-sewn pillows, floral and greenery arrangements, and found treasures she has given new life and purpose.  In addition, there are handmade candles, charcuterie boards, soaps, and decorative accessories made by local vendors. 

“One of my goals for the store is to provide local creators with a venue to sell their work,” said Lewis. “It’s very important to me to help and promote other vendors in my community.”




Jennie Lewis



Found Our Haven shares its bricks and mortar with Rustbelt Coffee, located at 119 N. Ontario Street. 

The multi-use destination gives visitors a perfect opportunity to grab an espresso or a chai latte, along with a raspberry Russian tea biscuit before or after shopping.








Decorating has always been a passion for Lewis. “I’ve been a creator my whole life,” she said. When Lewis was about 6 years old, she built her first clubhouse with some sheets and a hammer and then decorated it. “I didn’t build it for friends to play in. I just wanted to sit and look at how pretty it was,” she reminisced. “I’ve always wanted a store, and now my dream has come true.”








Currently, Found Our Haven is open three days per month from Thursday through Saturday. Lewis hopes to add more days soon. 

For opening days and hours, visit Found Our Haven on Facebook or Instagram.






No comments:

Post a Comment