Monday, January 5, 2015

A Girl Can Dream, Can't She?

You may have gathered from the title of this blog that I have these big dreams about someday becoming a Cowgirl.  While it may not be entirely possible in the literal sense (not at my age anyway - lol!), I do have a deep love for the American West.     

 
 
 
The sweet scent of the Piñon tree, the calmness of Turquoise, and the gentle bite of the green chile are just a few qualities of the West that keep my spirit connected to the land and its offerings. 
 
2014 was an exceptional year for Cowgirl moments.  Here are my favorites. 
 

 
1. Being at El Santuario de Chimayó
  

 
2. Hiking at Ghost Ranch near Abiquiu, New Mexico
 

 
 
3. Meeting Jim Arndt, author of How to Be a Cowboy (Jim left and my cowboy husband, right)




 
4. Sipping at local watering hole, The Cowgirl, in Santa Fe
 
 

 
5. Sampling the regional fare at the Santa Fe Farmer’s Market




 
6. Discovering New Mexico Green Chile in Ohio




 
7. Experiencing my first Rodeo in the heart of the country




 
8. Sharing the best Margarita recipe




 
9. Dining at Rancho de Chimayó




 
10. Shopping for jewelry at the Santa Fe Indian Market

 Perhaps I’m not that far away from my dream after all.  It’s time to saddle up for 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment