Thursday, March 29, 2018

Monday through Thursday

As I sat down to write this post, I originally intended to reflect on previous Easter celebrations, talk about what I’m cooking for Sunday brunch, how I decorated our dining table, and all things Easter Bunny. But honesty, I can’t stop thinking about this funny moment from just about a year ago.





It was early in the week prior to Easter and our news staff was frantically working on deadline for the following week’s paper. Our publisher asked if I could help out and call the churches listed in our guide for their holiday schedules. Of course, I happily agreed.






I went about calling each church receiving a verbal account of each church’s activities, including Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Deep into my second phone call, the woman said something I could barely hear. My reply was, “Did you say Monday through Thursday?”






As soon as I asked the question, I realized what I had said. Laughter filled our tiny newsroom, and I knew it was directed toward me. My cheeks, 50 shades of blush, tried to contain my giggling as I finished my conversation with the very polite church lady. 

In all defense though, it was really hard to hear over the phone.





I wish you a very happy Maundy Thursday. By the way, here's our dining table.

No comments:

Post a Comment