Monday, October 6, 2014

A Touch of Turquoise

I'm back, and I really missed you.  I was busy nurturing my inner Cowgirl while on vacation in the great American West.  But now I’m back in the Midwest just in time to celebrate the beginning of my favorite season.  

 
 
 
The leaves are turning, and we have pulled out our sweaters and boots in full force – it was downright chilly this past weekend. 
 
 
Alas, nothing will stop us Midwesterners from pumpkin picking, warm cider, and apple fritters. 

 


 
 
Having come straight from The Turquoise Trail in New Mexico, I wasn’t quite ready to let go of the beautiful hue of turquoise from my mood just yet...
 
 
...so I used it as inspiration for my fall tablescape.

 

 
 
 
I believe that turquoise is a magical color.  It’s strong and bold.  
 
 
It plays nicely with others but can stand on its own.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
It’s a calming color that can soothe your spirits and warm your soul. 
 
 
A Native American artist I know referred to it as “Medicine”.

 

 
 
 
To bring that peaceful feeling into my home, I’ve added a few touches of turquoise to my table.  
 
 
A richly toned vase filled with flowers,
 
 
Some vintage mason jars for candle holders,
 
 
And a ribbon of burlap through each place setting.

 

 
 
 
Ahhh, I’m feeling better already…..must be the medicine.

 

 
 
 
Have a great week!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment