Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy Birthday, Someday Cowgirl!

It’s a bit surreal to me, but it has already been a whole year since I began The Someday Cowgirl.


The Someday Cowgirl ready for the day's adventure
 
 
After writing about special trips, recipes, holidays and favorite places, I have to admit that I have never enjoyed a hobby in my entire life as much as I love writing this blog……..well, except for when I was a high school show choir superstar…………jazz hands!

I know……drama, but it’s true. 
 
 
My husband taking a break during our ride on the Rio Grande Gorge rim trail just outside of Taos
  

And the crazy part is that it took someone else to suggest that I do this.  Someone who sees what I do in the workplace each day.  One day Wilma and I were working on an upcoming campaign and she said, “Jen, you should write a blog. You would be really good at it.” 
 
 
St. Francis of Assisi, adjacent to the historic Santa Fe Plaza

Really, what the heck would I write about?   I did minor in journalism and have wondered what it would've been like to have taken that career path, but a blog?  And one year later, I have a beautiful online journal to reflect upon. 
 

Looking down after hiking to the top of the Tent Rocks trail in New Mexico


 
So, a big thank you goes to all of my friends and family who support me.  I love all of your comments and post suggestions – Wilma, Melinda, Yvonne, Nitja, Gina, Mom, my brother, Dad, Stephanie, Gail, Carla, Aunt Marion, Sally Oh, Jamie and the most wonderful husband in the world (who consequently always has to wait to eat his dinner until after I take the blog pictures).
 
 


The best place to shop for turquoise jewelry - outside of the Governor's Palace in Santa Fe
 
 
I do realize that all of this may sound a bit Academy Award acceptance speech–ish,  but to be honest, I really do feel like a red carpet gal every time one of you tries a recipe that I’ve posted,  comments on a decorating idea, or tells me you were just checking in to “see what Jen is up to.”



Historic San Isidro Church in Santa Fe
  
Thank you and keep the comments coming!





 

2 comments:

  1. We had spaghetti pie last week. No idea where that come from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Glad I could be of inspiration to you.

    ReplyDelete