Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Green Envy

The transition is complete.  I have successfully finished packing up the last of the Christmas decorations.  Well, almost all of them.  I know, but I always dread this time of year.  I try to stretch the season and keep them up as long as I can.  And then I start wondering if my neighbors think I’m a weirdo. 


Dining room topiary centerpiece
  
 
It’s just that the house seems so open and bare without the warmth of the lights and greenery.

That’s it!  It’s the green that is missing.   To think, all this time I have suffered from post-holiday decorating blues. 
 

Twiggy moss wreath with gingham burlap ribbon
 
 
Adding a little green back into my rooms fills the void completely. 


I found a couple of earthy twig wreaths with dried moss and hung them with burlap gingham ribbon in my kitchen and dining room. 
 

Preserved boxwood topiaries
 
And then there are topiaries.  A new topiary centerpiece on my dining table brightens my mood.  Have I mentioned how much I love topiaries?

 I do.  Even more than burlap…..
 
Kitchen window wreath with burlap bow
 


No comments:

Post a Comment