Tuesday, November 19, 2013

For the Birds

It’s hard for me to admit this, especially at my age.  I should be good at this by now, with many years of experience under my belt.  But the truth is, I avoid it at all costs.  I even snuck past it last year by hosting a brunch instead of making a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. 

You see, I have this phobia – a deathly fear of cooking a turkey. 

Up the front steps
 
Can you blame me though?  When you’re the one in charge of the turkey, there is tremendous pressure.  Pressure to perform.  It’s got to be great, or everyone’s Thanksgiving will be ruined…. 

Well, maybe that’s a bit dramatic, but it would be disappointing none the less. 

I have tried, really.  Every year I say to myself, “This will be the year that I prepare a full turkey.”  And then, I chicken out.  No pun intended. 

Sadly, this year will be no different.  I am going to host Thanksgiving dinner for our family. I just won’t be the one cooking the bird.   
 

Our Thanksgiving table
 
I’m sticking with what I am good at – the decorations, the tablescape, and the scrumptious side dishes.  And that, I can handle.  

I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving Day.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment