Monday, August 19, 2013

Autumn, a New Beginning

It’s coming………

Autumn, my favorite time of the year, is coming.  I can smell it.
 
Last year's pumpkin door décor. 
 
Evenings are a bit cooler, road side farm markets are brimming with nature’s goodies, and there’s a tinge of color across the landscape.

Folks are donning their favorite college football wear, and I’m seeing a few jeans out there.  For many of us, fall is a new beginning.  Back to school, back to work, or just back into the groove.

Last fall's front door décor - maybe I will paint the door black this year.
 
Of course, we still have time to enjoy the end of our summer.  We have the fun of Labor Day and festivals, and we always have Indian summer. 

Even so, it is really tempting to me to start decorating for fall.  It is this time of year that I start dreaming about pumpkins, all kinds of pumpkins and gourds.  I love them. 
 
Pumpkins and gourds galore!
 
Burlap is big and everywhere this fall.  I love how its earthiness pairs with the rustic colors of mums and pumpkins.    And check out this great pumpkin lantern that I found at Homegoods.  I can’t wait to put him on my doorstep with a big candle in him.  I am also working on a new fall tablescape.

 
Big terra cotta pumpkin lantern for my front porch. 
 
For now though, I will be sure to enjoy every bit of summer that we have left, as it will be a long time before we see it again in the Midwest.  I will wait patiently for all the warmth and the new beginning autumn will bring.



Happy New Beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment