Monday, July 8, 2013

A Star Spangled 4th

Okay.  So I went a little crazy. 




But it was, after all, my first time hosting family on the 4th. 


The 4th was never my thing.




It was always my brother's thing, until he moved far away a few years ago.  He and his family always hosted the big pool party with tons of friends and neighbors and great views of the fireworks.


All I did was bring a side, and maybe a carafe of margaritas.




You see, my thing is my annual Kentucky Derby party.  I love Christmas and hosting family.  And then there are the fall holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving, which I love everything about.


But the 4th?




Red and white okay, but I don't own a single thing that is blue...nada.


Until this year...


My niece and nephew happened to be visiting for the holiday, so I invited more family and decided to go for it.




Like I said, I went a little crazy...  Hope you enjoyed your 4th as much as I did!






No comments:

Post a Comment